Hp Dv6 Hdmi Driver Windows 10

Gertie

Post by Gertie »

I am having trouble finding the driver for the HDMI port on my HP DV6 laptop running Windows 10. I have searched on the HP website and other driver websites, but I cannot seem to locate the correct driver. Could someone please provide me with a link to download the HDMI driver specifically for my laptop model and Windows 10? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Detective
Site Admin

Re: Hp Dv6 Hdmi Driver Windows 10

Post by Detective »

Below you can download hp dv6 hdmi windows 10 driver for Windows.

File name: hp-dv6-hdmi_win10.exe
Version: 1.152
File size: 16.40 MB
Upload source: original install disk
Antivirus software passed: Symantec v 1.49

(click above to download)

Device Specification:
- Model: HP DV6
- Operating System: Windows 10
- HDMI Driver: Installed

Troubleshooting Questions and Answers:

Q1: Why is my HDMI port not working on my HP DV6 laptop?
A1: There could be several reasons for this issue. Firstly, check if the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the laptop and the external device. Additionally, ensure that the HDMI driver is up to date. If the problem persists, try restarting the laptop and the external device, as sometimes a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.

Q2: How can I update the HDMI driver on my HP DV6 laptop running Windows 10?
A2: To update the HDMI driver on your HP DV6 laptop, follow these steps:
1. Open the Device Manager by typing "Device Manager" in the Windows search bar and selecting it from the results.
2. Expand the "Display adapters" category.
3. Right-click on the HDMI device and select "Update driver."
4. Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Windows will now search for the latest HDMI driver and install it if available.

Q3: I have updated the HDMI driver, but my HP DV6 laptop still doesn't detect the external display. What else can I try?
A3: If updating the HDMI driver did not resolve the issue, you can try the following:
1. Check if the external display works with other devices or laptops to ensure it is functioning properly.
2. Try using a different HDMI cable to rule out any cable-related problems.
3. Connect the HP DV6 laptop to a different external display to verify if the laptop's HDMI port is working correctly. If it does, then the issue lies with the previous external display or its compatibility with the laptop.
4. If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact HP support or a professional technician for further assistance.
Gertie

Re: Re: Hp Dv6 Hdmi Driver Windows 10

Post by Gertie »

Thanks for providing the link to the Windows 10 driver for the HDMI on the HP dv6, I was struggling to find a working one for my device.